Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A New Way of Counting Words

Instead of counting words in the entire document, I am beginning to count the words before the asterisks. I place three *** between the part of the paper or chapter that is finished and the part that isn't. By counting the words before the ***, I am able to focus more on producing actual prose.

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

OK, I just tried this method and I love it. It sounds so simple, why didn't I think of it myself?

Jonathan said...

Well that's what you need me for.

Clarissa said...

So I wrote 1,100 words today. Is that good? Or to little? Or too much?

Jonathan said...

Excellent.