Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Open Secrets

I gave my presentation at SIUE (Southern Illinois, Edwardsville) today on the "Open Secrets of Scholarly Productivity," to a very lively and engaged group of faculty members, including the academic blogger who invited me. I noticed, right at the moment I was about to start, that I didn't have my first page of notes. Luckily, I improvised and nobody noticed a thing. It's more boring to read off notes anyway, so it probably was just as good as it would have been. There were lots of questions and comments afterwards, so I have to say it was a success. I will give this other places too, if invited.Just let me know and we will see if we can arrange something.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

It was a great success. And nobody realized you didn't have your notes. I think the presentation only got better for lack of them.

Thank you for giving this great talk!