Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Funny

We know you can read.

I almost always bring a paper to read and also engage the audience by my extemporaneous wit as well. I never use powerpoint in a presentation, and the idea that that would be more dynamic is pretty silly. It is odd that we forget our performance skills at a conference==something we would never do in the classroom.

I often squirm impatiently during MLA-style talks. One commentator to the CHE story cite above makes a good point. Just if you pay enough attention to engaging your audience a little bit, you will be way ahead of most people. I am far from dynamic, but I have the reputation of giving rather dynamic presentation, just because of the weakness of the "competition."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il a raison et il est amusant, mais il est innocent. People do do that to their classes, and I do know an academic who writes out all conversations in advance ... and it would not surprise me if at home as well.