Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Underarm

When I was a little kid, I was very confused by deodorant ads I would see on tv. They talked about underarms, but what they represented typically was an actor applying the product to his or her forearm, close to the inside of the wrist. I think I knew that the place it would be applied would be the armpit, not the forearm, but these commercials created a kind of ambiguity in my mind... They used the term underarm, rather than armpit, so the forearm could also be seen as a kind "underarm."

So the theoretical exercise here is to finish the simile...

"Just as when I was a kid, I was confused by ... So, too, now, I .... " That is your job for the comment section.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Just as when I was a kid, I thought the border police were looking for tourists, so, too, now, I feel like a terrorist when I'm sightseeing in foreign countries.