Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 15, 2013

Idea

After a job candidate talk yesterday, I asked a question. From this question and the job candidate's talk, my colleague Vicky U arrived at the topic what she said will be her last seminar at KU: avant-garde and the city in Latin American Literature. That was kind of a cool thing to have happen. I do try to ask really good questions after a talk.

1 comment:

Andrew Shields said...

Advice I give to my students: at every lecture you attend, formulate a question. You don't necessarily have to ask it, but thinking about what you would ask if you were going to ask a question is a good way to focus your response to the lecture.

Once you've done this a few times, start asking your questions.