Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, April 19, 2013

Meme: The Next Big Thing

What is the title of your book?


What Lorca Knew: Fragments of a Late Modernity.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A one-sentence synopsis of my book would be a sentence that described the main argument of the book.

What genre does your book fall under?

It doesn't "fall" under any genre. I think that idiom is rather inappropriate.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

Henry James's novel What Maisie Knew and Valente's Fragmentos de un libro futuro, entre otras cosas. It is the culmination of many other scholarly project over the years.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

I haven't finished yet. Probably by December of 2013, for a total of about 3-4 years.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Lorca's duende, but not in the way you would think.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Neither. It won't be self-published and I don't have an agent either. I'm hoping for the U of Chicago P.

What other works would you compare this book to within your genre?

My own book Apocryphal Lorca. Books by other great Hispanists, like Ricardo Gullón's Una poética para Antonio Machado.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?


I will play myself and Lorca. Paul Julian Smith will make a cameo appearance as himself.


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

My theories of cultural exceptionalism are getting quite well developed. I thought I could never do better than Apocryphal Lorca but I think this book will be just as good.

No comments: