Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Update

The translation workshop is taking shape. I have a few students who have signed up and I have designed the first part of the course, with the first three assignments. I want people to work with me in very specific ways, taking particular steps in their work rather than randomly giving me translations to critique.

Spread the word! This is going to be awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you doing all poetry?

I would send my student except he has no cash at all and I don't think time until summer. (The one that had the run-in with Dalkey ... New Directions is now looking at his mss.)

Jonathan said...

It is designed around poetry because that is the only thing worth translating according to the methods that I am developing. It would be essentially like treating prose as poetry, to use my particular exercises.

If someone has no money then they won't pay any.

Anonymous said...

I'll talk to him. I don't want to press him to do one more thing this semester but I think it would be good for him. He's here https://quote.ucsd.edu/alchemy/files/2015/09/AlchemySummer2015.pdf and forthcoming in Tripwire 10 http://tripwirejournal.com/ ...