Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Brine

Brine

I am like the brine in a pickle jar

my own recipe!


like antique honey preserved all this time but

spread on fresh bread


I am a unique individual you would probably want to get

to know


*********


I decided to write a whole book of these bad poems. There will be exactly sixty of them. Please help me come up with a title.


PREFACE:

Most poetry is going to be bad anyway, so I thought I would short-circuit the process and go directly for utter badness. Nevertheless, my friends often tell me that I could do even worse, and that there are a few lines here and there that aren't bad enough. They accuse me of trying to write good poetry in the guise of ineptness. Still, I have put in enough ham-fisted line-breaks, awkward similes, and wordy explanatory filler to displease any discerning reader.

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

This is very bad and it would be difficult to get worse. Congratulations...

Anonymous said...

I cannot completely concur you, Leslie, alas. :(

;)

Give "honey" its multiple meanings and the rest of the second stanza perks up a bit. Sorry, Jonathan!