Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Disturbing encounter

At the airport, picking someone up, I had a disturbing encounter. I was at terminal C and I woman approach us as we were loading suitcases in the car and said, "Are you going to terminal B." I said no and she said, "the n.....s" are going there." She was about 60 and spoke with a possibly Eastern European accent.  She kept repeating that sentence and all we could do was just tell her in several different ways that she shouldn't be saying this. My companion told her she was disgusting. I'm sure she was mentally disturbed in some way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh - oh, boy. I don't know how I would have handled this, if I suspected as you did that she was mentally disturbed, ill, or otherwise impaired. There's a lot of Id out there. In the last year of my Dad's life, he became verbally abusive to my Mom and one of my sisters - something that is still unthinkable to me; they were A1 and 1A in his life; his aphasia erased that. And in my neck of the woods we get the occasional deranged guy shouting vile anti-LGBT insults (or anti-homeless crap); such individuals seem helpless in face of their paranoia; they seem never to travel in pairs or trios, but only alone, single individuals. I say "there but for the grace of God" a lot.