Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

cymbal

I got a cymbal for $5 at a school yard sale.  It was a Paiste "rude" china cymbal.  I figured I could sell it on eBay, which I did for over $100.  If you don't know what a China cymbal is, it has a different shape with upturned edges and a clangier sound. In the meantime I thought I'd also sell some others, so I got rid of a Zildjian  K custom 18" ride that I never play and an A Zildjian flat top ride, for over a hundred each.  I still have an auction going for a Wuhan China, which is going for about $20, so far, and for a pair of New Beat Hi Hats, which nobody has bid on yet. I must have priced them too high.  I want some better hi hats, I think, and could use my "cymbal fund" for that.

No comments: