Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Table of Contents

Things to Do To Poems



Preface: The Analytic Residue
I. Apologetics  
II. Things to do to Poems
III. Engagements
IV. Intuitions
V. A Memoir of Reading


[I have decided on "Things to Do With Poems" as the title of the book,which has about 59 pages so far out of a projected 100. I was thinking of

101 Uses for a Dead Poem (after a humor book about dead cats)
How to do things with poems (Like Austin)
Poetry: An Anti-Textbook. (like Lanham's Style: an Antitextbook.

This morning or yesterday at some point  I came up with "Things to Do To Poems."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go back and forth: "Things to do WITH/TO poems".

It has been a fun exercise doing the same thing with food and flowers ...

"Things to do with roses" versus "Things to do to roses" ...

"Things to do with chicken livers" versus "Things to do to chicken livers" ...

The use of "to" is a more startling.