Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, March 10, 2017

Things to do with Poems

Bob mentioned my switching back between two prepositions.  I think I'm going to have to settle on "things to do with poems." I might fudge it by naming one chapter "things to do to poems," even though it sounds a little extreme.

I like the idea of uses for poetry, but as a title it sounds too utilitarian. By uses I don't mean that poetry is secondary to some other function. Take dance music. You might say the function or use of the music is to dance to. Something you do to the music is dance to it. But that doesn't quite express the proper relation between music and dance. Dance music is not a tool, with the relation to the beer bottle as the bottle opener has.

No comments: